When we have job opportunities we will post them on this page below. Our nursery is located near Penzance, Cornwall.
E-Commerce Supervisor and Dispatch Co-Ordinator /Team Leader
Surreal Succulents is an RHS award winning horticultural business boasting a popular website and retail nursery outlet. We offer a specialist range of plants and bespoke garden design.
E-Commerce Supervisor and Dispatch Co-Ordinator /Team Leader (Full time)
Salary negotiable, immediate start.
Surreal Succulents is an RHS award winning business boasting a popular website and retail nursery. As part of our growing business, we are looking for an experienced E-Commerce and Dispatch Co-ordinator to join the team. Are you a highly motivated and flexible individual with great communication that has a passion for the role and plants. This role will also involve production of plants and monitoring the quality of the products being sold.
Under guidance of the senior management, you will be required to:
· Process website orders,
· Answer customer emails and enquiries,
· Co-ordinate the pick[SS1] [SS2] /packing and processing of website orders as part of our dispatch team,
· Create up-to-date stock list of inventories,
· Get involved with the nursery work, watering, potting and propagating stock as well as other aspects of the business.
The normal working hours are 8 till 5 (40 hours pw), but overtime is expected during our peak and busy times of the season. You will be mainly site-based on the nursery, but during the year you may be required to work at shows, markets, and the nursery outlet.
Main duties to include:
- Supervising our site/team – Processing website orders as part of a team. Ensuring the nursery is maintained, organised, kept clean and safe to work in by assuming an active role in health and safety.
- Customer Service – Answering customer emails in line with the core values of the brand ethos.
- Stock Control – Booking in, labelling, and setting out stock within the nursery. Producing stock for our website, shows and nursery outlet, as well as stock reports for our newsletter.
- Production – Management of production of a diverse range of plants (mainly succulents) including Aeoniums, Echeveria, Agave, Yucca, Palms and a range of perennial plants. Also ensuring stock is watered appropriately.
- Identification – Pest/disease/weed issues to be reported to management.
- Flexibility – As part of the wider team, you will be expected to have full flexibility where required to assist with the pick/pack/dispatch aspect of the business.
- Improve processes – We are always looking to improve our processes and welcome new ways and ideas to develop better methods of working.
Essential knowledge and qualifications:
A great range of basic computer skills in Word, Excel and other similar computer-based programs
Health and safety knowledge
Great communication and organisation skills
Desirable knowledge and qualifications:
Computer knowledge & Customer service via emails
WooCommerce knowledge and experience: Printing, processing orders & website operation
Picking & Packing experience
Full UK Driving licence
We are looking for a highly motivated individual that is an effective organiser and communicator. We acknowledge that the role requires specialist software skills, however full training will be provided in-house. We will be looking for a range of basic computer skills to be considered for the role that we can develop to suit the requirements for the role.
We look forward to receiving your applications